May 09, 2017

WITHOUT WINGS


As I pecked my way out of the shell
I was blinded for a moment by the world outside.
Slept a little, walked a lot
I was born without wings.

"You are a bird; you have to fly"
Voices kept ringing from all directions
I tried to flap my tiny wings in vain,
And drowned my head ,each time, in shame.

Dreams of flying kept me awake
And one day, I took my first flight
Soaring high ,I flew across the seven seas
There I was, living my dream.

" You shouldn't be flying. You are not a bird"
Interminable echoes clouded my senses
"It is a nightmare, open your eyes"
I repeated to myself.

It was not long, before my wings were cut.
I don't fly, I crawl , I walk
May be someday;
I will fly without my wings.







No comments:

Post a Comment

SNEAKPEAK - BE THE FIRST TO READ

POPULAR READS